Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rick Bennett
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2020 :  10:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just learned the Coastal Vintage 1000 has been cancelled.

With any luck, the Mountain 1000 will be ok in August.

My Berkshire is half done. I have the parts to complete it. Luckily, I work at home and have lots to do. Hope everyone is well.

Rick
Go to Top of Page

Rick Bennett
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  08:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With no official ride this spring my progress on this machine has slowed. Brian called to say he has my tank done and it is on its way. I finished up both wheels and installed new Kenda 270 tires. I was a bit confused when putting the rear wheel together. At first I thought Buchananís had given me spokes an inch too long. The POG forum supplied the answer with a quick search. My wheel is cross 4, not cross 3 pattern. The next morning it went right together. As soon as I get the forks done I can make a roller. My headlight is coming from Germany, ordered last week. I think I have all the rest of the parts to finish.
Go to Top of Page

Rick Bennett
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2020 :  10:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time to revive this post. Just under 70 days until the Mountain 1000 and it is back on for August 4-8. This trip is leaving from NC and travels into Virginia. 19 riders have signed up so far. I am staring at a bare painted frame and half built Sachs. Spent the last few weeks building a new 72 125 to race and made the May 17 LL Raceway cross country. I stole the wheels for the racer so will need to build new ones. Forks are done and all small parts painted. I have most of the parts, I think. Time to make a shopping list and plan a route to get to the starting point. Anyone want to join me???
Go to Top of Page

Jason Rowland
Advanced Member

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  1:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Based entirely on my own personal feeling, I'm fairly certain most of us here would answer your question in similar fashion: "Absolutely nothing I'd like more!" However, the gulf between what I want to do and what I can do is, in this case, a bit too wide to navigate. Perhaps, like me, others here are quiet due to being a bit hangdog about it, frankly.

Instead, I'll have to make do with living vicariously through you and the recounting of your exploits as with your previous great adventure...and making do was pretty terrific, IMHO.

Make sure your companions stay at least a bikelength behind for proper social distancing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Penton Owners Group © 2001-2015 Penton Owners Group. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page