Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Toolsurfer
Advanced Member

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  7:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Preston Petty look much better to me and more functional. I think made in USA .
Go to Top of Page

Mike Rosso
Advanced Member

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  12:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree on the Preston Petty headlight versus the Euro originals. The PP headlight was much more durable and functional IMO because it used a more rugged glass headlight from farm and small tractor application. The only problem was the headlight (as a bulb) was too large and bulky to carry as a spare (bulb) and at the end of the ISDT/ISDE they would check the lights and if they were not working you were allowed a few minutes to fix or change the light bulb(s) or be penalized 10 points (seconds) for each non working light. Yes the PP headlight rarely ever failed and yes you could on the last day carry a spare PP light (bulb). The Euro headlight's only advantage was the size of the replacement bulb and the quicker ability to change it. Still IMO the MADE IN AMERICA Preston Petty light and number plate set the standard (remember what came on the bikes before Preston came out with it) for everyone and was the best thing going, to this day IMO.
Go to Top of Page

Toolsurfer
Advanced Member

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  3:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally agree with you there Mike . USA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Penton Owners Group © 2001-2015 Penton Owners Group. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page