New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Larry Perkins
Advanced Member

USA
2616 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  6:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sadly just found out that on July 18th John Durrill passed away. John was a lifelong motorcycling enthusiast and was a brilliant engineer. He did many matching projects over the years like mating a Sachs bottom end to a KTM175 topend and vice versa. When I was restoring my Astrodome bike he built a Carl Cranke spec pipe for it like it originally had. At the time of his death he was working on a Sachs 175 bottom with a KTM175 top. He will be missed. RIP my friend!

SouthRider
Advanced Member

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  10:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear this. John was a great contributor to the POG.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
Go to Top of Page

firstturn
Advanced Member

4324 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  11:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sad. He also worked restoring Electric Service after Hurricanes. I helped hims several times with some of his special projects. Wonderful Friend.

Ron Carbaugh
Go to Top of Page

slvrbrdfxr
Advanced Member

USA
702 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  06:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great guy and sorry to read of Johnís passing. It was nice getting to know John and riding with him on an all Penton row during the 2007 ISDT Reunion Ride in New Blaine, AR. I remember taking a good look at the bike John rode that weekend which Larry described above. It was a CMF framed Penton with a blue toaster tank which had a Sachs bottom end mated to KTM 175 top end. Very nicely built machine that performed flawlessly all weekend. RIP John.
Dave McCullough
Go to Top of Page

clayman
Advanced Member

428 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  12:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sad, indeed, but from conversations I had with him, he said he was a believer In Jesus, so he's in a better place by having faith in Him. We traded parts and Christmas cards over the years and he was a huge help on many occasions.
Clay
Go to Top of Page

tdthigpen
Advanced Member

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  8:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad,he was a great friend.

Thomas Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days 1972 125 Six Days (2)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Penton Owners Group © 2001-2015 Penton Owners Group. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page