Free to a JB Weld Master
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

61rover

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2021 :  2:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you can tell from previous posts, I have a set of engine cases for a 175. They are heavily corroded on the inside. They have been completely vapor blasted and are very clean. If there is someone that is skilled with JB Weld or Devcon that wants to take a shot at saving them I'll be happy to send them along for free.

John Crouse
74.5 Jackpiner 175

Daniel P. McEntee
Advanced Member

628 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2021 :  6:51:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Daniel P. McEntee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have a need for them, but I'm interested in seeing the extent of the damage just for the education. Maybe send me some pics, or send some to some one that knows how to post photos here (definitely not me!!) Depending on where the damage is, maybe they can be welded up. A lot depends on the extent of the damage. And yes, if they are magnesium, they can be welded. The hardest part about that is just finding filler rod!!
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
dpmcenthusiast@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

DKWRACER
Advanced Member

USA
1517 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2021 :  7:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dan makes a good point, if the h20 damage is in the crank web area. Red glyptol has been around for many years as an insulator. Of course, all depends on the extent of damage. Don't ja luv the POG?

Thomas Brosius
Go to Top of Page

Richard
Advanced Member

128 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2021 :  1:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like the cases, I would be happy to pay the shipping.

richard.bck@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Penton Owners Group © 2001-2015 Penton Owners Group. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page